Every county in the state of Texas has a variety of Medicare plan options, but not all of them are equally expensive or provide the same benefits. To choose the best Medicare insurance plan in Texas that meets your medical and financial goals, you must perform some research and comparison shop.
The Medicare Advantage Plan, often known as Medicare Part C, is a “bundled” plan that also offers additional benefits in addition to Original Medicare Parts A and B. For those looking for full healthcare coverage in the states, it may be a suitable option. Private insurance firms offer a variety of Medical Advantage Plans that you can buy in Texas. Availability, costs, and advantages of the plans can change depending on where you purchase them and the company you do so from.
Benefits of Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Advantage plans provide more benefits than Original Medicare and are frequently less expensive than paying for both Original Medicare and a Medicare Supplement plan, but they also provide less flexibility because you must receive care from providers who are part of the plan’s provider network. Since eligibility for Medicare Advantage plans is primarily based on where you live, we’ve outlined a number of factors you should take into account while looking for the best Medicare Advantage plan to suit your needs.
Medicare Insurance Plans in Texas
Texas offers a range of Medicare and Medicare Advantage options, with almost 1 in 8 residents being 65 and older. In the state, a Medicare Advantage plan has an average monthly premium of $10.68 in 2022. There were 337 Medicare Advantage plans offered by more than two dozen private health insurance companies in Texas in 2022.
Although there are many options available, if you wish to change or enroll in a new plan, you must select one of the five Medicare Advantage Plans in Texas listed below and remain with it until the following enrollment period:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO): Only in-network providers’ care is covered by the plan.
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO): The plan allows you to visit providers who are not in your network.
- Private Fee For Service (PFFS): You can visit any Medicare-approved provider with this plan.
- Special Needs Plans (SNP): These plans are made for those who need medical attention for particular illnesses and disorders.
- Medicare Savings Account (MSA): This Medicare Advantage plan has a high deductible and a savings account. Your savings account receives a fixed amount of money each year that can be used to pay for medical expenses. Your prescription coverage must be covered by a different Medicare Part D Plan that you must purchase.
Top Medicare Advantage Plans in Texas
Every Medicare Advantage plan is given a star rating by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, or CMS, on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest-rated plan. The plans listed below were the best in Texas for the 2022 plan year.
- KelseyCare Advantage Plans
- UnitedHealthcare Advantage Plans
- Baylor Scott & White Health Plan
- Cigna Medicare Plans
- Devoted Health Medicare
- Humana Gold Plus
- Wellcare Medicare Plans
How to Pick the Best Medicare Advantage Insurance Plan in Texas
There are many factors to take into account when comparing your different Medicare Advantage plan options, especially if you’re approaching the age of 65, dealing with another qualifying event, or reviewing your plan options before the annual Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment period, which runs from January 1 to March 31. Here is a short checklist to assist you in evaluating your options:
- Use Medicare Plan Comparison Tool at Medicare.gov.
- Search by hospitals/physicians/prescription drugs to narrow your list of plan options.
- Compare how much the most appropriate plans cost
- Check if your doctor is in-network and if your prescriptions covered
- Consider your estimated utilization
- Browse for additional coverage such as dental and vision.
To make the process easier, we recommend consulting with experts in your region to find the best Medicare insurance plans in Texas for your specific medical and financial goals. We at Insurance Connection USA can provide you with professional guidance if you are still unsure and unable to decide. To obtain medical coverage based on your age and medical conditions, consult with our Medicare experts and insurance consultants now.