Many Seniors are faced with the changes in the Medicare system. Seniors could benefit with a Medicare Advantage plan over a Medicare supplement Plan. What exactly is a Medicare Advantage Plan? Simply put it is a plan that is:
- They are underwritten by an insurance company like Humana, United Health Care, Aetna etc.
- They are contracted with Medicare. (you are still in the Medicare system)
- They usually includes more benefits than Medicare A and B .
- They are low cost.
- They require you to use an network provider to get the lowest copays and cost share savings.
Why would someone stay with a Medicare supplement policy over a Medicare Advantage Plan?
- Your Dr. may not be in the network.
- You have a second home in another location and the provider networks do not extend.
- You like the fact that with a Plan F supplement it pays everything that Medicare does not, so you do not have any out of pocket costs for Medicare covered medical expenses.
- You like the fact that you can go to any provider that excepts Medicare, no Networks.
- You don’t like changes.