You can use our online Medicare application if you:
- Are at least 64 years and 9 months old;
- Want to sign up for Medicare but do not currently have ANY Medicare coverage;
- Do not want to start receiving Social Security benefits at this time; and
- Are not currently receiving Social Security retirement, disability or survivors benefits.
- You should sign up for Medicare three months before reaching age 65, even if you plan to delay receiving retirement benefits because you are working. Otherwise, your Medicare medical insurance, as well as prescription drug coverage, could be delayed, and you could be charged higher premiums.
- You can sign up for Medicare even if you are not ready to start receiving retirement benefits. You can opt out of receiving cash retirement benefits now once you are in the online application. Then you can apply online for retirement benefits later.
Using the online Medicare application has a number of benefits. You can:
- Avoid trips to your Social Security Office, saving you time and money.
- Answer questions at your convenience by starting and stopping the application without fear of losing any information you entered.
- Make corrections to the application prior to submission.
- Submit your application electronically. There is no need to mail in your application. When you are finished, just select “Submit Now” to send your application to Social Security.
- Receive a receipt online for your application that you can print and keep for your records.
- Check the status of your application online. You will receive a confirmation number once you submit your application.
You can apply by clicking the link below:
- By phone – Call us at 1-800-772-1213 from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. If